Disposition of Loan Applications (HMDA Data)
Chart detailing volume of applications for government-backed purchase, conventional purchase, refinance, and all mortgages. Each category includes one matrix that lists applications, originations, closing rate, and denial rate by race/ethnicity (Asian, Black, White, Not Available, Total and Hispanic) and a second matrix by income as a percentage of MSA median. In addition to volume, the chart lists sequential change for applications and originations and prior-period rate for closing and denial rates.
Reasons for Mortgage Application Denials (HMDA Data)
Chart detailing percent of applications denied for government-backed purchase, conventional purchase, refinance, and all mortgages for the following reasons: debt/income, employment history, credit history, collateral, insufficient cash, unverified information, credit application incomplete, mortgage insurance denial, and other. Breakout provided by race/ethnicity (Asian, Black, White, Not Available, Total and Hispanic) for government-backed purchase, conventional purchase and refinance and by income as a percentage of MSA median for all mortgages.
Jumbo Denial Rates (HMDA Data)
Application volume and denial rate for jumbo loans and jumbo purchase loans by lender for top 25 jumbo lenders.
- GSE Private MI Profile 4Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
- GSE Repurchase Activity Thru 2Q16
Most Popular Stories
- A Blowout 4Q16 Profit for Fannie Mae: $5 Billion; $3.9 Billion in Gains from Derivatives
- What Were Hearing: Huge GSE Profits, Dont Get Used to It / The Perfect (Earnings) Storm / A Ginnie Solution for the GSEs? / PHHs New Strategy / Aide to HUD Nominee Ben Carson Fired for Writings Critical of Trump
- Freddie Mac Hits an Earnings Grand Slam in 4Q16: $4.8 Billion in Net Income; Gains from Derivatives Top $6.3 Billion
- Short Takes: What Does Bruce Berkowitz Think? / Freddie Exploring SFR Market / BB&T Building New Servicing Center / CoreLogic CEO on Medical Leave / loanDepot Executive Jumps Ship for Wisconsin Lender
- Sen. Crapo, Fed Chair Yellen Agree Housing Finance Reform is Urgent