Disposition of Loan Applications (HMDA Data)
Chart detailing volume of applications for government-backed purchase, conventional purchase, refinance, and all mortgages. Each category includes one matrix that lists applications, originations, closing rate, and denial rate by race/ethnicity (Asian, Black, White, Not Available, Total and Hispanic) and a second matrix by income as a percentage of MSA median. In addition to volume, the chart lists sequential change for applications and originations and prior-period rate for closing and denial rates.
Reasons for Mortgage Application Denials (HMDA Data)
Chart detailing percent of applications denied for government-backed purchase, conventional purchase, refinance, and all mortgages for the following reasons: debt/income, employment history, credit history, collateral, insufficient cash, unverified information, credit application incomplete, mortgage insurance denial, and other. Breakout provided by race/ethnicity (Asian, Black, White, Not Available, Total and Hispanic) for government-backed purchase, conventional purchase and refinance and by income as a percentage of MSA median for all mortgages.
Most Popular Stories
- Exclusive: Fannie and Freddie Received Marching Orders from the FHFA: Have the Same G-Fees
- A Significant Increase in Agency Jumbos for 2Q; GSE Loan Limit to Increase?
- Will the Wells Fargo Account Scandal Hit the Megabanks Mortgage Business? Correspondent Sellers Fear Reputational Risk
- New Residential Bundles Excess Spread from MSRs on Non-Agency MBS into a New $345 Million ABS
- What Were Hearing: The Mortgage Customer and Wells Fargo? / This Too Shall Blow Over Maybe / Houston-Based Mortgage Firm Up For Grabs / Question for Promontory: Do You Really Want to be Owned by IBM? / MBA Chief: Hillary Clearer on Housing Issues