Mortgage Origination Activity
Higher-Priced Originations (HMDA Data)
Comparison of volume of sales of higher-priced mortgages (based on spread over average prime offer rate) and market-rate loans. Includes breakouts by purchaser (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae, non-agency purchasers, affiliates, banks and other, which includes insurance companies, mortgage bankers, credit unions, finance companies and Farmer Mac). For each year, the total and breakouts are provided for market-rate sales and higher-priced sales. For the most recent year, higher-priced is further divided into bands based on spread above APOR. For 2011-2015 total and breakouts are also provided for HOEPA loans.
Chart showing number of higher-priced loans by loan type (FHA, conventional-conforming, jumbo, FSA/RHS, and VA). For each loan type, includes higher-priced percent of total loans originated and year-over-year change.
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
- GSE Private MI Profile 3Q16
- GSE Repurchase Activity Thru 2Q16
Most Popular Stories
- What Were Hearing: Time for Steve to Talk to Mel / Going to Bed, Disappointed / The GSE Stock Bet: Buy Low, Sell High / Is Pershing Square Losing Money on the GSEs? / NAR Chief Stays Hopeful on MIP Cut
- Treasury Nominee Mnuchin Shoots Down GSE Recap and Release Concept
- Nonbanks Increased Agency Servicing by Almost 22 Percent in 2016
- Two Hours After Trump is Sworn In, HUD Issues Mortgagee Letter Killing the FHA MIP Reduction
- Trump May Ice the FHA MIP Cut, At Least for Now