Mortgage Origination Activity
Higher-Priced Originations (HMDA Data)
Comparison of volume of sales of higher-priced mortgages (based on spread over average prime offer rate) and market-rate loans. Includes breakouts by purchaser (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae, non-agency purchasers, affiliates, banks and other, which includes insurance companies, mortgage bankers, credit unions, finance companies and Farmer Mac). For each year, the total and breakouts are provided for market-rate sales and higher-priced sales. For the most recent year, higher-priced is further divided into bands based on spread above APOR. For 2011-2015 total and breakouts are also provided for HOEPA loans.
Chart showing number of higher-priced loans by loan type (FHA, conventional-conforming, jumbo, FSA/RHS, and VA). For each loan type, includes higher-priced percent of total loans originated and year-over-year change.
- GSE Private MI Profile 4Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
- GSE Repurchase Activity Thru 2Q16
Most Popular Stories
- What Were Hearing: Okay, So Mnuchin is One of Them, But / Where Were You When We Were Bailing Out Fannie and Freddie? / Remember Hank Greenberg? / Maybe Servicing Compensation is Too Low / The Next Bank to Quit Servicing
- Fairholme Chief Bruce Berkowitz on GSE Legal Setback: This is far from over.
- The Time is Right for a Boom in Servicing Sales. However
- Creeping Upward: The Debt Burden of FHA and VA Borrowers
- An Alt Theory Emerges on the Spike in FHA Delinquencies. MSR Transfers the Culprit?