Mortgage Origination Activity
Higher-Priced Originations (HMDA Data)
Comparison of volume of sales of higher-priced mortgages (based on spread over average prime offer rate) and market-rate loans. Includes breakouts by purchaser (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae, non-agency purchasers, affiliates, banks and other, which includes insurance companies, mortgage bankers, credit unions, finance companies and Farmer Mac). For each year, the total and breakouts are provided for market-rate sales and higher-priced sales. For the most recent year, higher-priced is further divided into bands based on spread above APOR. For 2011-2015 total and breakouts are also provided for HOEPA loans.
Chart showing number of higher-priced loans by loan type (FHA, conventional-conforming, jumbo, FSA/RHS, and VA). For each loan type, includes higher-priced percent of total loans originated and year-over-year change.
- GSE Private MI Profile 3Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 3Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 2Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 2Q16
- Top Players 2Q16
- GSE Repurchase Activity Thru 2Q16
Most Popular Stories
- What Were Hearing: Will the GSE-Investing PE Firms Get Greedy? / Buy Low, Sell High? / How Plugged In is Mnuchin? / Will Trump Try to Bring White Collar Jobs Back Home Too? / The Strange Case of Nebraska and FHA Loan Limits / Meg Burns Gets Promoted
- GSE Common Once Deemed Worthless, Now Has a Market Cap of $43.15 Billion
- Short Takes: Mnuchin Turned Down Fannie CEO Job / Lockhart and Ross / More HUD Transition Team Members Named / SFIG Releases Green Paper / CFPB Servicing Update / New Texas Retail Chief for Gateway
- Can a Former MBS Trader Successfully Privatize the GSEs? And What About the Government Guaranty?
- Agency MBS Production Slowed in November. Fannie Issuance Down Sharply