Mortgage Origination Activity
Higher-Priced Originations (HMDA Data)
Comparison of volume of sales of higher-priced mortgages (based on spread over average prime offer rate) and market-rate loans. Includes breakouts by purchaser (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae, non-agency purchasers, affiliates, banks and other, which includes insurance companies, mortgage bankers, credit unions, finance companies and Farmer Mac). For each year, the total and breakouts are provided for market-rate sales and higher-priced sales. For the most recent year, higher-priced is further divided into bands based on spread above APOR. For 2011-2015 total and breakouts are also provided for HOEPA loans.
Chart showing number of higher-priced loans by loan type (FHA, conventional-conforming, jumbo, FSA/RHS, and VA). For each loan type, includes higher-priced percent of total loans originated and year-over-year change.
- Top Players 4Q16
- GSE Buybacks Thru 4Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 4Q16
- Mortgage Servicing Rights: 4Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
Most Popular Stories
- Fannie Maes Involvement in SFR Market Raises Questions of Charter Creep
- The Final Tally on Publicly Traded Nonbanks: A $156.1 Million Loss for 2016
- MBA Cautions Against Defining All Loans Held in Portfolio as Qualified Mortgages
- Charbonneau & Associates Working on Two M&A Deals
- Retail Channel Dominated Agency Lending in 2016