Government Loan Characteristics
GSE Single-Family Mortgage Pool Characteristics
Breakdown of single-family mortgage pool characteristics for both Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac including volume by product type (FRM, ARM, IO), weighted averages (loan size, LTV, FICO) and purchase share (ARM, IO). Data are yearly from 2005-2015 and quarterly from 1Q09-2Q16.
GSE New Business Trends by Loan Purpose
Chart includes new GSE business volume for purchase and refinance mortgages. Breakdown includes unpaid principal balance and average FICO score, debt to income and loan to value ratios for each loan purpose. Monthly numbers provided for January 2016 to July 2016. Also includes percentage of refinance share.
The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury fell to all-time low of 1.34% recently. How much better will originations be at your shop in the second half compared to 1H, if at all?
- Better by 1% to 10%.
- Better by 11% to 25%.
- Off the charts better. Applications are great now.
- Worse than 1H, but not by much.
- A lot worse. But not sure on the damage.
Most Popular Stories
- Lone Star Prepares Second Nonprime MBS of 2016, Possibly the Largest Deal of the Post-Crisis Era
- The Six-Month Tally: FHA Production Up 8.4 Percent, VA by Almost 13 Percent
- Short Takes: In the Jumbo Space, Banks Were the Top Gainers / Dave Stevens Isnt Interested in the Job, but / Former Mortgage Chief Indicted
- Steady as She Goes in Subservicing Market. Cenlar Continues to Dominate
- Subservicer Statebridge Nearly Doubles Contracts to $2.60 Billion