Government Loan Characteristics
GSE Single-Family Mortgage Pool Characteristics
Breakdown of single-family mortgage pool characteristics for both Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac including volume by product type (FRM, ARM, IO), weighted averages (loan size, LTV, FICO) and purchase share (ARM, IO). Data are yearly from 2005-2015 and quarterly from 1Q09-2Q16.
GSE New Business Trends by Loan Purpose
Chart includes new GSE business volume for purchase and refinance mortgages. Breakdown includes unpaid principal balance and average FICO score, debt to income and loan to value ratios for each loan purpose. Monthly numbers provided for January 2016 to July 2016. Also includes percentage of refinance share.
After the November elections, how long will it take for a new Congress and White House to pass GSE reform legislation?
- Im confident a bill will be passed the first year.
- 2 to 3 years. GSE reform is complicated.
- Sadly it wont happen in a Clinton or Trump first term.
- Not in my lifetime.
Most Popular Stories
- BofA Expands and Doubles Commitment to Low-Downpayment Program
- PHH Ruling Expected to Slow CFPBs Enforcement Roll, But How Much?
- The Clayton Revolving Door Continues. A Goodwill Charge for Radian?
- Vehicle Finance, Credit Card Securitizations Fuel Sturdy Increase in 3Q16 ABS Issuance
- GNMA Revises Pooling-Eligibility Rules for Streamlined Refi Loans