Mortgage-Related Security Investors
GSE Mortgage Securities Holdings
Yearly data for each GSE available 2005-4Q15 and quarterly for 2012-2Q16. Columns include total retained portfolio split into MBS and mortgages subcategories along with market share, amount of own and the other agency's MBS held, and total non-agency MBS split into subprime, Alt A, and CMBS subcategories.
GSE Involvement in the Non-Prime Market
Quarterly data for each government-sponsored enterprise showing non-prime MBS in portfolio (detailed by subprime and Alt A) as well as non-prime purchased/guaranteed also split as subprime and Alt A. Additional columns show percent change from previous period and from year prior.
After the November elections, how long will it take for a new Congress and White House to pass GSE reform legislation?
- Im confident a bill will be passed the first year.
- 2 to 3 years. GSE reform is complicated.
- Sadly it wont happen in a Clinton or Trump first term.
- Not in my lifetime.
Most Popular Stories
- Nonbank MSR Share Expands in 3Q16
- MorVest Working on Large Ginnie Mae MSR Sale
- The Clayton Revolving Door Continues. A Goodwill Charge for Radian?
- GNMA Revises Pooling-Eligibility Rules for Streamlined Refi Loans
- Vehicle Finance, Credit Card Securitizations Fuel Sturdy Increase in 3Q16 ABS Issuance