Agency MBS/Secondary Activity
GSE Mortgage Activity by State
Data detailing the volume of GSE mortgages by state.
9M14-3M16: includes share of loans made for home purchase, share made to first-time buyers, share by channel (retail, correspondent and broker) and average underwriting characteristics (loan size, loan-to-value ratio, FICO and debt-to-income ratio).
3M14-6M14: Includes breakouts for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and by purpose (purchase, refinance). Also includes year-over-year change.
2012-2013: Includes breakouts for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and by loan type (fixed or adjustable rate). Also includes year-over-year change.
2008-2011: Includes breakouts for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and by loan type (fixed or adjustable rate).
After the November elections, how long will it take for a new Congress and White House to pass GSE reform legislation?
- Im confident a bill will be passed the first year.
- 2 to 3 years. GSE reform is complicated.
- Sadly it wont happen in a Clinton or Trump first term.
- Not in my lifetime.
Most Popular Stories
- Ginnie Mae Tries to Allay Investor Fears on Streamlined Refis
- Freddie Tweaks Loan Advisor Product, Offers No-Cost Automated Appraisals
- Missing in Action: Mortgage Banking M&A
- Short Takes: What a Trump White House Means for the GSEs / PHH Will Release 3Q16 Results on Election Day / Wedbush Initiates Coverage of PHH / Freedom From Reps & Warrants? / The First Hispanic-American MBS Chair / New Hires for Silver Hill
- MBA: Originations Look Decent for 2017