Agency MBS/Secondary Activity
GSE MBS trends
Credit Trends in GSE Business
Chart providing average underwriting characteristics for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac MBS issuance. Includes average FICO score, debt-to-income ratio, and loan-to-value ratio by month for purchase loans, first-time buyers, and refinances. Also includes distribution by FICO bucket (620-699, 700-739, and 740 and up) by loan-to-value bucket (80 percent or less, 81 to 95, 95 to 97) by month for purchase loans, first-time buyers and refinances.
GSE MBS Trends
Chart detailing single-family MBS issuance by Fannie Mae and separate chart detailing issuance by Freddie Mac.
For quarterly chart, columns include total, share by purpose (purchase, refinance), share by channel (retail, correspondent, broker), share by top five sellers, share of HARP, and share of jumbo.
For monthly chart, columns include total volume, volume of purchase loans, volume of refinance loans and refinance share. Also includes average loan characteristics for each period: loan size, loan-to-value ratio, FICO score, and debt-to-income ratio.
- GSE Buybacks Thru 4Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 4Q16
- Mortgage Servicing Rights: 4Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
Most Popular Stories
- A New Low for Walters Share Price: 64 Cents
- What Were Hearing: No GSE Capital in Nine Months / But Dont Sweat It / Mel Knows / Fairholmes Bad Bet on Sears / Impac Borrows Against Fannie Mae MSRs / Blends Clients Include Movement Mortgage
- Home-Equity Lending Up in 2016, but HEL Debt Sinks to 13-Year Low
- Bank Holdings of First Liens Increased in 4Q16 Ever So Slightly
- A Change in the GSE PSPAs Coming Soon? Dont Bet on It