Agency MBS/Secondary Activity
GSE MBS trends
Credit Trends in GSE Business
Chart providing average underwriting characteristics for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac MBS issuance. Includes average FICO score, debt-to-income ratio, and loan-to-value ratio by month for purchase loans, first-time buyers, and refinances. Also includes distribution by FICO bucket (620-699, 700-739, and 740 and up) by loan-to-value bucket (80 percent or less, 81 to 95, 95 to 97) by month for purchase loans, first-time buyers and refinances.
GSE MBS Trends
Chart detailing single-family MBS issuance by Fannie Mae and separate chart detailing issuance by Freddie Mac.
For quarterly chart, columns include total, share by purpose (purchase, refinance), share by channel (retail, correspondent, broker), share by top five sellers, share of HARP, and share of jumbo.
For monthly chart, columns include total volume, volume of purchase loans, volume of refinance loans and refinance share. Also includes average loan characteristics for each period: loan size, loan-to-value ratio, FICO score, and debt-to-income ratio.
After the November elections, how long will it take for a new Congress and White House to pass GSE reform legislation?
- Im confident a bill will be passed the first year.
- 2 to 3 years. GSE reform is complicated.
- Sadly it wont happen in a Clinton or Trump first term.
- Not in my lifetime.
Most Popular Stories
- Ginnie Mae Tries to Allay Investor Fears on Streamlined Refis
- Freddie Tweaks Loan Advisor Product, Offers No-Cost Automated Appraisals
- Missing in Action: Mortgage Banking M&A
- Short Takes: What a Trump White House Means for the GSEs / PHH Will Release 3Q16 Results on Election Day / Wedbush Initiates Coverage of PHH / Freedom From Reps & Warrants? / The First Hispanic-American MBS Chair / New Hires for Silver Hill
- MBA: Originations Look Decent for 2017