Agency MBS/Secondary Activity
GSE MBS trends
Credit Trends in GSE Business
Chart providing average underwriting characteristics for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac MBS issuance. Includes average FICO score, debt-to-income ratio, and loan-to-value ratio by month for purchase loans, first-time buyers, and refinances. Also includes distribution by FICO bucket (620-699, 700-739, and 740 and up) by loan-to-value bucket (80 percent or less, 81 to 95, 95 to 97) by month for purchase loans, first-time buyers and refinances.
GSE MBS Trends
Chart detailing single-family MBS issuance by Fannie Mae and separate chart detailing issuance by Freddie Mac.
For quarterly chart, columns include total, share by purpose (purchase, refinance), share by channel (retail, correspondent, broker), share by top five sellers, share of HARP, and share of jumbo.
For monthly chart, columns include total volume, volume of purchase loans, volume of refinance loans and refinance share. Also includes average loan characteristics for each period: loan size, loan-to-value ratio, FICO score, and debt-to-income ratio.
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
- GSE Private MI Profile 3Q16
- GSE Repurchase Activity Thru 2Q16
Most Popular Stories
- A Spike in FHA/VA Default Rates for 4Q16; A Three-Year High is Reached
- What Were Hearing: Time for Steve to Talk to Mel / Going to Bed, Disappointed / The GSE Stock Bet: Buy Low, Sell High / Is Pershing Square Losing Money on the GSEs? / NAR Chief Stays Hopeful on MIP Cut
- Freddie Mac Talking to IRS About Tax Issues Tied to the Single Security. Is the Float Taxable?
- Two Hours After Trump is Sworn In, HUD Issues Mortgagee Letter Killing the FHA MIP Reduction
- Fannie and Freddie are About to Provide a Nice Revenue Gift to Trump Administration