Agency MBS/Secondary Activity
GSE MBS trends
Credit Trends in GSE Business
Chart providing average underwriting characteristics for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac MBS issuance. Includes average FICO score, debt-to-income ratio, and loan-to-value ratio by month for purchase loans, first-time buyers, and refinances. Also includes distribution by FICO bucket (620-699, 700-739, and 740 and up) by loan-to-value bucket (80 percent or less, 81 to 95, 95 to 97) by month for purchase loans, first-time buyers and refinances.
GSE MBS Trends
Chart detailing single-family MBS issuance by Fannie Mae and separate chart detailing issuance by Freddie Mac.
For quarterly chart, columns include total, share by purpose (purchase, refinance), share by channel (retail, correspondent, broker), share by top five sellers, share of HARP, and share of jumbo.
For monthly chart, columns include total volume, volume of purchase loans, volume of refinance loans and refinance share. Also includes average loan characteristics for each period: loan size, loan-to-value ratio, FICO score, and debt-to-income ratio.
- GSE Private MI Profile 4Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
- GSE Repurchase Activity Thru 2Q16
Most Popular Stories
- What Were Hearing: Huge GSE Profits, Dont Get Used to It / The Perfect (Earnings) Storm / A Ginnie Solution for the GSEs? / PHHs New Strategy / Aide to HUD Nominee Ben Carson Fired for Writings Critical of Trump
- A Blowout 4Q16 Profit for Fannie Mae: $5 Billion; $3.9 Billion in Gains from Derivatives
- Short Takes: What Does Bruce Berkowitz Think? / Freddie Exploring SFR Market / BB&T Building New Servicing Center / CoreLogic CEO on Medical Leave / loanDepot Executive Jumps Ship for Wisconsin Lender
- Freddie Mac Hits an Earnings Grand Slam in 4Q16: $4.8 Billion in Net Income; Gains from Derivatives Top $6.3 Billion
- Sen. Crapo, Fed Chair Yellen Agree Housing Finance Reform is Urgent