Agency MBS/Secondary Activity
GSE MBS characteristics
GSE Single-Family Mortgage Pool Characteristics
Breakdown of single-family mortgage pool characteristics for both Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac including volume by product type (FRM, ARM, IO), weighted averages (loan size, LTV, FICO) and purchase share (ARM, IO). Data are yearly from 2005-2015 and quarterly from 1Q09-2Q16.
GSE New Business Trends by Loan Purpose
Chart includes new GSE business volume for purchase and refinance mortgages. Breakdown includes unpaid principal balance and average FICO score, debt to income and loan to value ratios for each loan purpose. Monthly numbers provided for January 2014 to April 2016. Also includes percentage of refinance share.
GSE Loan Characteristics: GSE Refinance Business (Loan Count)
Refinance business for both GSEs, with HARP activity broken out into 80-105 and >105 LTV categories. Data are presented yearly 2009-2014 and quarterly 1Q13-1Q16.
GSE Loan Characteristics: GSE Refinance Business (Dollar Volume)
Dollar volume of refinance business. Includes breakout for total by each GSE; breakout for high-LTV activity for both GSEs and for each individually; breakout for total GSE market by high-LTV range (80-105 with no mortgage insurance, 106-125, above 125). Comparison rows for recent quarters and years are also presented.
Most Popular Stories
- Interest-Only Originations Spiked 45 Percent in 2Q; PHH Mortgage a Standout
- Short Takes: Trump & Hillary Mortgage Corp. / CHLA Weighs In on Front-End Risk-Sharing: No / Will ALTA Break the CFPBs Website? / Now, Print Your Name and Personal Story Right Here
- UWM Provides Grant Funding for Brokers to Open Their Own Shops; Money Doesnt Have to be Repaid
- Streamline Refis Causing Problems for VA, Ginnie Mae Investors
- What Were Hearing: GSE Loan Limits to Move Higher? / No One Feels Sorry for Wells Fargo / The King of the Cross-Sell is now the King of Pain / Maybe the CFPB Needs a Kick in the / MBAs Dave Stevens Doesnt Expect Peace to Break Out / Skyline Still Hiring