Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Activity
GSE Market Share
Chart detailing the percentages of total originations and MBS issuance Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac comprise.
- 2000-1Q16 chart includes market share of MBS issuance and new business for each as well as combined percentages and Fannie Mae share of total GSE percentages.
- 2002-2005 chart includes dollar amounts of new GSE business for each, and their market share, as well as dollar amounts for each and market share for MBS issuance. Also included is GSE Non-Agency dollar volume, total and market share. Total mortgage origination numbers are also provided, along with additional quarterly data for 2004 and 2005.
The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury fell to all-time low of 1.34% recently. How much better will originations be at your shop in the second half compared to 1H, if at all?
- Better by 1% to 10%.
- Better by 11% to 25%.
- Off the charts better. Applications are great now.
- Worse than 1H, but not by much.
- A lot worse. But not sure on the damage.
Most Popular Stories
- Subservicer Rushmore Launches Consumer-Direct Channel; Former Nationstar Exec Leads the Effort
- The Six-Month Tally: FHA Production Up 8.4 Percent, VA by Almost 13 Percent
- Short Takes: Bank Says Were a Subprime Lender Too / No Ties to BofA / And the Big Three of Nonprime Lending Are / REIT Exits NPL Market / Former MGIC Chief Lacy Dead at 71
- MBA Issues Warning on Lenders Getting Involved in Downpayment Assistance Programs
- Subservicer Statebridge Nearly Doubles Contracts to $2.60 Billion