Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Activity
GSE Market Share
Chart detailing the percentages of total originations and MBS issuance Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac comprise.
- 2000-1Q16 chart includes market share of MBS issuance and new business for each as well as combined percentages and Fannie Mae share of total GSE percentages.
- 2002-2005 chart includes dollar amounts of new GSE business for each, and their market share, as well as dollar amounts for each and market share for MBS issuance. Also included is GSE Non-Agency dollar volume, total and market share. Total mortgage origination numbers are also provided, along with additional quarterly data for 2004 and 2005.
Most Popular Stories
- Rate Plunge at End of 2Q16 Means GSEs Likely Took Hits on Their Derivatives; But Strong G-Fee Revenue May Soften the Blow
- What Were Hearing: Is the CFPB to Blame? / Or Maybe the Math Doesnt Work / If Only the C&I Market Would Return / NAR is Happy with TRID 2.0 / Subprime Lending Continues to Hum / Whats Wrong with a 7 Percent Mortgage?
- Commercial Mortgage Securitization Took a Tumble in 2Q16; Non-Agency Issuance Hits Four-Year Low
- Thanks to Plunging Interest Rates, Loan Production Hit a Three-Year High in 2Q16; Huge Gains at Some Shops
- Home Point Financial Inks Deal to Buy Emery Financials Assets