Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Activity
GSE Market Share
Chart detailing the percentages of total originations and MBS issuance Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac comprise.
- 2000-2Q14 chart includes market share of MBS issuance and new business for each as well as combined percentages and Fannie Mae share of total GSE percentages.
- 2002-2005 chart includes dollar amounts of new GSE business for each, and their market share, as well as dollar amounts for each and market share for MBS issuance. Also included is GSE Non-Agency dollar volume, total and market share. Total mortgage origination numbers are also provided, along with additional quarterly data for 2004 and 2005.
- GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile 3Q14
- GSE Seller Profile: 3Q14
- Mortgage Profitabiilty 2Q14
- Top Players 2Q14
- Agency Condo Market: 2013
What is it going to take to convince lenders to loosen the credit box (i.e., remove underwriting overlays)?
- The recent rep and warranty changes announced by the Federal Housing Finance Agency should go a long way in protecting lenders from future buybacks and help expand mortgage credit.
- There wont be any significant elimination of underwriting overlays until the government stops seeking huge mortgage-related penalties and settlements from lenders.
- There shouldnt be any expansion of the mortgage credit box since looser underwriting is what caused the recent mortgage crisis.
Most Popular Stories
- Wilbur Ross Quits Ocwens Board for Vice Chairmanship at Bank of Cyprus
- Subprime Mortgage Servicing Rights Draining Away
- Lenders Urge Feds to Restore 100 Percent Risk-Weighting for MSRs, More
- Under FHFA Policy Change, Qualified Foreclosed Homeowners Can Repurchase Their Homes
- Correspondent Channel Posted Biggest Origination Gain of the Quarter