Agency MBS/Secondary Activity
GSE Market Share
Chart detailing the percentages of total originations and MBS issuance Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac comprise.
- 2000-3Q16 chart includes market share of MBS issuance and new business for each as well as combined percentages and Fannie Mae share of total GSE percentages.
- 2002-2005 chart includes dollar amounts of new GSE business for each, and their market share, as well as dollar amounts for each and market share for MBS issuance. Also included is GSE Non-Agency dollar volume, total and market share. Total mortgage origination numbers are also provided, along with additional quarterly data for 2004 and 2005.
- GSE Private MI Profile 4Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
- GSE Repurchase Activity Thru 2Q16
Most Popular Stories
- A Blowout 4Q16 Profit for Fannie Mae: $5 Billion; $3.9 Billion in Gains from Derivatives
- What Were Hearing: Huge GSE Profits, Dont Get Used to It / The Perfect (Earnings) Storm / A Ginnie Solution for the GSEs? / PHHs New Strategy / Aide to HUD Nominee Ben Carson Fired for Writings Critical of Trump
- Freddie Mac Hits an Earnings Grand Slam in 4Q16: $4.8 Billion in Net Income; Gains from Derivatives Top $6.3 Billion
- Short Takes: What Does Bruce Berkowitz Think? / Freddie Exploring SFR Market / BB&T Building New Servicing Center / CoreLogic CEO on Medical Leave / loanDepot Executive Jumps Ship for Wisconsin Lender
- Sen. Crapo, Fed Chair Yellen Agree Housing Finance Reform is Urgent