Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Activity
GSE Market Share
Chart detailing the percentages of total originations and MBS issuance Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac comprise.
- 2000-1Q16 chart includes market share of MBS issuance and new business for each as well as combined percentages and Fannie Mae share of total GSE percentages.
- 2002-2005 chart includes dollar amounts of new GSE business for each, and their market share, as well as dollar amounts for each and market share for MBS issuance. Also included is GSE Non-Agency dollar volume, total and market share. Total mortgage origination numbers are also provided, along with additional quarterly data for 2004 and 2005.
What is the very best source of new mortgage customers for your lending shop? (Choose one only.)
- Leads provided to me by employer
- Paid internet/website leads
- Real estate agents/Realtors
- Our existing customer base/our servicing customers
- My own personal sales "leads" database
Most Popular Stories
- Ocwen to Settle with DOJ for $30 Million in FCA Lawsuits Involving HAMP and FHA
- Single-Security Transition Could Become Model for Figuring Out Future of GSE Legacy MBS
- CFPB Singles Out Loan Servicers for Tech Failures. Are Fines Coming?
- First-Time Homebuyer Share Hits Five-Year High
- What Were Hearing: Mortgage Lenders to England: Thanks for Igniting Another Refi Boom / Servicers Cringe? Maybe Not / Brexit, Plunging Rates and the GSE Hedging Issue / More on a Possible FHA MIP Cut / Capsilon Gets Investment from PE Firm