Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Activity
GSE Market Share
Chart detailing the percentages of total originations and MBS issuance Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac comprise.
- 2000-4Q15 chart includes market share of MBS issuance and new business for each as well as combined percentages and Fannie Mae share of total GSE percentages.
- 2002-2005 chart includes dollar amounts of new GSE business for each, and their market share, as well as dollar amounts for each and market share for MBS issuance. Also included is GSE Non-Agency dollar volume, total and market share. Total mortgage origination numbers are also provided, along with additional quarterly data for 2004 and 2005.
Does your lending shop have any plans to make non-jumbo, non-QM loans this year? These would be loans similar to "Alt A" and subprime products made BEFORE standards were loosened severely in the 2004 to 2007 era.
- Its under consideration, maybe by 3Q or 4Q.
- We were going to until the TRID "error" mess hit.
Most Popular Stories
- The Final Origination Tally for 1Q16: A Slight Decline but Results Vary Among Lenders
- Real Estate Agents Complain (Big Time) About the TRID Nightmare
- Another Earnings Bloodbath for Ocwen; $111 Million Loss for 1Q16; Revenue Plummets; Stock Creamed in After-Hours Trading
- More Bad News for Ocwen: No Word on When MSR Purchases Can Commence; Lending Falls
- Short Takes: Ocwens Potential India Problem / Will Trump Penalize Servicers for Offshoring? / Altisource and Ocwen, Connected at the Hip / Bill Would Let GSEs Retain Capital / Spurs Capital Out on Its Own