Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Activity
GSE Business Summary
Chart detailing the amount of total originations and MBS issuance in a given period for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, including dollar volume of MBS issued, new business, retained portfolio for both GSEs, as well as total, retained, and other investment volume breakdowns for MBS outstanding. The MBS liquidity rate is also provided. Yearly data supplemented by quarterly data from 2006.
The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury fell to all-time low of 1.34% recently. How much better will originations be at your shop in the second half compared to 1H, if at all?
- Better by 1% to 10%.
- Better by 11% to 25%.
- Off the charts better. Applications are great now.
- Worse than 1H, but not by much.
- A lot worse. But not sure on the damage.
Most Popular Stories
- Short Takes: A 25 Percent Chance Uncle Sam Will Lose the GSE Lawsuits / Risk-Sharing Depletes Shareholder Value / Former Fannie CEO Mudd Settles with SEC / Mudds Second Act Didnt Last Long / A New Hire for Closing Corp.
- New GSE Application Allows for Cell Phone Numbers, Email Address, More. Industry Applauds
- The Final Tally: Nonbanks Battered by MSR Accounting in 2Q16
- Fannie Reclaims (Some of the) Share it Lost in First-Time Homebuyer Market
- Mortgage M&A Activity Continues Apace; Eight Deals in Two Months