Agency MBS/Secondary Activity
GSE Business Summary
Chart detailing the amount of total originations and MBS issuance in a given period for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, including dollar volume of MBS issued, new business, retained portfolio for both GSEs, as well as total, retained, and other investment volume breakdowns for MBS outstanding. The MBS liquidity rate is also provided. Yearly data supplemented by quarterly data from 2006.
After the November elections, how long will it take for a new Congress and White House to pass GSE reform legislation?
- Im confident a bill will be passed the first year.
- 2 to 3 years. GSE reform is complicated.
- Sadly it wont happen in a Clinton or Trump first term.
- Not in my lifetime.
Most Popular Stories
- PHH Ruling Expected to Slow CFPBs Enforcement Roll, But How Much?
- BofA Expands and Doubles Commitment to Low-Downpayment Program
- The Clayton Revolving Door Continues. A Goodwill Charge for Radian?
- Vehicle Finance, Credit Card Securitizations Fuel Sturdy Increase in 3Q16 ABS Issuance
- GNMA Revises Pooling-Eligibility Rules for Streamlined Refi Loans