Agency MBS/Secondary Activity
Ginnie Mae issuance
Ginnie Mae MBS Issuance by Guarantor
Chart detailing volume of GNMA issuance by quarter. Breakouts included for FHA (including total, purchase, refinance, and modification), VA (with same subcategories) and Rural Housing. Includes sequential and annual change for each category.
Ginnie Mae Issuance by Issuer Type
Share of Ginnie Mae issuance of FHA loans by quarter for mortgage companies, mega banks (assets > $1 trillion), large banks (assets between $100 billion and $1 trillion), mid-size banks (assets between $10 billion and $100 billion), small banks (assets <$10 billion), state housing finance agencies, credit unions and top five issuers. Separate, equivalent data set presented for issuance of VA loans.
Nonbank Share of GNMA Business
Market share held by nonbanks by quarter for new GNMA MBS issuance and GNMA servicing outstanding.
- GSE Private MI Profile 4Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
- GSE Repurchase Activity Thru 2Q16
Most Popular Stories
- GSE Seller Buybacks Tumbled to Record Low in 4Q16
- New Rez: Large MSR Transfers from Banks to Nonbanks DoA; REIT in Talks with the FHFA
- Short Takes: Letting the Single-Security Flag Fly at SFIG / Lots of Emails Regarding the GSEs / $10B of GSE Preferred Sold the Year Before Seizure / Maloni Responds / Moving (In)to Montana / A New Hire for Selene
- What Were Hearing: Okay, So Mnuchin is One of Them, But / Where Were You When We Were Bailing Out Fannie and Freddie? / Remember Hank Greenberg? / Maybe Servicing Compensation is Too Low / The Next Bank to Quit Servicing
- Trouble Ahead: Gain-on-Sale Margins Slipping