Agency MBS/Secondary Activity
Ginnie Mae issuance
Ginnie Mae MBS Issuance by Guarantor
Chart detailing volume of GNMA issuance by quarter. Breakouts included for FHA (including total, purchase, refinance, and modification), VA (with same subcategories) and Rural Housing. Includes sequential and annual change for each category.
Ginnie Mae Issuance by Issuer Type
Share of Ginnie Mae issuance of FHA loans by quarter for mortgage companies, mega banks (assets > $1 trillion), large banks (assets between $100 billion and $1 trillion), mid-size banks (assets between $10 billion and $100 billion), small banks (assets <$10 billion), state housing finance agencies, credit unions and top five issuers. Separate, equivalent data set presented for issuance of VA loans.
Nonbank Share of GNMA Business
Market share held by nonbanks by quarter for new GNMA MBS issuance and GNMA servicing outstanding.
After the November elections, how long will it take for a new Congress and White House to pass GSE reform legislation?
- Im confident a bill will be passed the first year.
- 2 to 3 years. GSE reform is complicated.
- Sadly it wont happen in a Clinton or Trump first term.
- Not in my lifetime.
Most Popular Stories
- The Origination Tally for 3Q16: $580 Billion; Nonbanks Now Control Half the Market
- Ginnie Mae Tries to Allay Investor Fears on Streamlined Refis
- Ocwen Finally Earns a Profit; Stock Soars; Questions Remain
- Millions of Borrowers Foreclosed On During Financial Crisis Near Eligibility for a New Mortgage
- Short Takes: What a Trump White House Means for the GSEs / PHH Will Release 3Q16 Results on Election Day / Wedbush Initiates Coverage of PHH / Freedom From Reps & Warrants? / The First Hispanic-American MBS Chair / New Hires for Silver Hill