FHA Mortgage Activity by State
Data detailing the volume and market share of FHA mortgages by state. 2008-2Q14 data includes quarterly numbers.
- 2014-12M2016 data includes total FHA loans securitized and breakouts for purchase and refinance. Also includes average loan characteristics, FHA share of state originations, and FHA share of all insured loans in agency MBS.
- 1987-2013 ranking is by volume excluding HECMs.
FHA Jumbo Lending by State
Data detailing the volume and market share of FHA mortgages over $417,000 (excluding HECMs) by state. Includes quarterly numbers and percent change between two most recent periods and between two most recent years.
- GSE Buybacks Thru 4Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 4Q16
- Mortgage Servicing Rights: 4Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
With rates higher this year, there has been talk of lenders liberalizing their underwriting standards in an effort to increase volume and make up for lower refis.
Do you think your shop will loosen standards over the coming three months?
- Yes, but not by much.
- Yes, by a lot.
- Yes and, heck, we may even do non-QM lending.
- No, not at all.
- No and we may even tighten credit.
Most Popular Stories
- Home-Equity Lending Up in 2016, but HEL Debt Sinks to 13-Year Low
- Wall Streeter Phillips to Play Critical Role at Treasury on GSE Reform; GSE Principles Coming Soon from Trump?
- Bank Holdings of First Liens Increased in 4Q16 Ever So Slightly
- A Change in the GSE PSPAs Coming Soon? Dont Bet on It
- VA Considering Stronger Measures to Stop Early Solicitation of Purchase Loans for Refis