FHA Lending Activity
Top FHA Lenders
Ranking of top FHA lenders, excluding HECMs. For quarterly and annual charts, columns include sponsor and mortgagee volumes and overall market share for each lender. For monthly charts, columns include percentage of current period originations that are purchase loans and percentage that are fixed-rate loans. Monthly chart also includes change from previous period and from prior year Data available 2009-3Q14.
- GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile 3Q14
- GSE Seller Profile: 3Q14
- Mortgage Profitabiilty 2Q14
- Top Players 2Q14
- Agency Condo Market: 2013
What is it going to take to convince lenders to loosen the credit box (i.e., remove underwriting overlays)?
- The recent rep and warranty changes announced by the Federal Housing Finance Agency should go a long way in protecting lenders from future buybacks and help expand mortgage credit.
- There wont be any significant elimination of underwriting overlays until the government stops seeking huge mortgage-related penalties and settlements from lenders.
- There shouldnt be any expansion of the mortgage credit box since looser underwriting is what caused the recent mortgage crisis.
Most Popular Stories
- Wilbur Ross Quits Ocwens Board for Vice Chairmanship at Bank of Cyprus
- Subprime Mortgage Servicing Rights Draining Away
- Lenders Urge Feds to Restore 100 Percent Risk-Weighting for MSRs, More
- Under FHFA Policy Change, Qualified Foreclosed Homeowners Can Repurchase Their Homes
- Correspondent Channel Posted Biggest Origination Gain of the Quarter