Agency MBS/Secondary Activity
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Securities Activity
Chart detailing the securities activity of both Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac by year. Data are listed by month and include total volume for the current year and years prior as well as percent change and averages.
- 2006-2015 data include lender-originated MBS/new securitization, total new business, MBS purchases/retained portfolio, and total mortgages/PCs with amount outstanding and growth and liquidation percentages.
- 2001-2005 data include new MBS/securitization, total new business, MBS/PC purchases, and total mortgages/PCs with amount outstanding and growth and liquidation percentages.
- 1992-2000 data include value of securities issued by category (fixed-rate, 30-year, 15-year, ARMs, multifamily, balloon) as well as total MBS/PCs outstanding, held in portfolio, repurchases and REMICs.
- GSE Private MI Profile 4Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
- GSE Repurchase Activity Thru 2Q16
Most Popular Stories
- What Were Hearing: Huge GSE Profits, Dont Get Used to It / The Perfect (Earnings) Storm / A Ginnie Solution for the GSEs? / PHHs New Strategy / Aide to HUD Nominee Ben Carson Fired for Writings Critical of Trump
- Short Takes: What Does Bruce Berkowitz Think? / Freddie Exploring SFR Market / BB&T Building New Servicing Center / CoreLogic CEO on Medical Leave / loanDepot Executive Jumps Ship for Wisconsin Lender
- A Blowout 4Q16 Profit for Fannie Mae: $5 Billion; $3.9 Billion in Gains from Derivatives
- Sen. Crapo, Fed Chair Yellen Agree Housing Finance Reform is Urgent
- Freddie Mac Hits an Earnings Grand Slam in 4Q16: $4.8 Billion in Net Income; Gains from Derivatives Top $6.3 Billion