Agency MBS/Secondary Activity
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Securities Activity
Chart detailing the securities activity of both Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac by year. Data are listed by month and include total volume for the current year and years prior as well as percent change and averages.
- 2006-2015 data include lender-originated MBS/new securitization, total new business, MBS purchases/retained portfolio, and total mortgages/PCs with amount outstanding and growth and liquidation percentages.
- 2001-2005 data include new MBS/securitization, total new business, MBS/PC purchases, and total mortgages/PCs with amount outstanding and growth and liquidation percentages.
- 1992-2000 data include value of securities issued by category (fixed-rate, 30-year, 15-year, ARMs, multifamily, balloon) as well as total MBS/PCs outstanding, held in portfolio, repurchases and REMICs.
After the November elections, how long will it take for a new Congress and White House to pass GSE reform legislation?
- Im confident a bill will be passed the first year.
- 2 to 3 years. GSE reform is complicated.
- Sadly it wont happen in a Clinton or Trump first term.
- Not in my lifetime.
Most Popular Stories
- Nonbank MSR Share Expands in 3Q16
- MorVest Working on Large Ginnie Mae MSR Sale
- The Clayton Revolving Door Continues. A Goodwill Charge for Radian?
- GNMA Revises Pooling-Eligibility Rules for Streamlined Refi Loans
- Vehicle Finance, Credit Card Securitizations Fuel Sturdy Increase in 3Q16 ABS Issuance