Agency MBS/Secondary Activity
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Securities Activity
Chart detailing the securities activity of both Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac by year. Data are listed by month and include total volume for the current year and years prior as well as percent change and averages.
- 2006-2015 data include lender-originated MBS/new securitization, total new business, MBS purchases/retained portfolio, and total mortgages/PCs with amount outstanding and growth and liquidation percentages.
- 2001-2005 data include new MBS/securitization, total new business, MBS/PC purchases, and total mortgages/PCs with amount outstanding and growth and liquidation percentages.
- 1992-2000 data include value of securities issued by category (fixed-rate, 30-year, 15-year, ARMs, multifamily, balloon) as well as total MBS/PCs outstanding, held in portfolio, repurchases and REMICs.
Most Popular Stories
- Exclusive: Fannie and Freddie Received Marching Orders from the FHFA: Have the Same G-Fees
- A Significant Increase in Agency Jumbos for 2Q; GSE Loan Limit to Increase?
- Will the Wells Fargo Account Scandal Hit the Megabanks Mortgage Business? Correspondent Sellers Fear Reputational Risk
- New Residential Bundles Excess Spread from MSRs on Non-Agency MBS into a New $345 Million ABS
- What Were Hearing: The Mortgage Customer and Wells Fargo? / This Too Shall Blow Over Maybe / Houston-Based Mortgage Firm Up For Grabs / Question for Promontory: Do You Really Want to be Owned by IBM? / MBA Chief: Hillary Clearer on Housing Issues