Agency MBS/Secondary Activity
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Mortgage Activity
Data detailing the monthly activity of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for a given year.
- 2001-2015 data include monthly totals for total new business volume, MBS volume, mortgage volume as well as portfolio data for purchases and balance. Fannie Mae data include retained commitment volume, liquidity rate and single family delinquency rates. Freddie Mac data include purchase agreement volume, liquidity rate, and single family delinquency rates.
- 1990-2000 data for Fannie Mae include 30-year, intermediate, ARM, multi-family and MBS purchases, as well as fixed and ARM purchases sold through MBSs and total mortgages purchased and MBS issuance. Data for Freddie Mac include 30-year, 15-year, mobile and second home, ARM, multifamily and total purchases, as well as fixed and ARM PC sales and total PCs issued.
- 1988 and 1989 data include 30-year, 15-year, mobile and second home, ARM, multifamily and total purchases, as well as MBS issuance for Fannie Mae and PC issuance for Freddie Mac.
After the November elections, how long will it take for a new Congress and White House to pass GSE reform legislation?
- Im confident a bill will be passed the first year.
- 2 to 3 years. GSE reform is complicated.
- Sadly it wont happen in a Clinton or Trump first term.
- Not in my lifetime.
Most Popular Stories
- The Origination Tally for 3Q16: $580 Billion; Nonbanks Now Control Half the Market
- Ginnie Mae Tries to Allay Investor Fears on Streamlined Refis
- Short Takes: What a Trump White House Means for the GSEs / PHH Will Release 3Q16 Results on Election Day / Wedbush Initiates Coverage of PHH / Freedom From Reps & Warrants? / The First Hispanic-American MBS Chair / New Hires for Silver Hill
- Ocwen Finally Earns a Profit; Stock Soars; Questions Remain
- Millions of Borrowers Foreclosed On During Financial Crisis Near Eligibility for a New Mortgage