Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Trends in Consumer Complaints
Chart detailing volume of consumer complaints filed with CFPB since 4Q11. Includes total by quarter and breakouts for home mortgage, credit card, bank account, student loan, consumer loan, payday loan, credit report, money transfer and debt collection.
Change in Complaint Volume
Change from prior reporting period in volume of complaints to CFPB by product type (bank account, credit card, credit reporting, consumer loan, debt collection, money transfer, mortgage, payday loan, prepaid card, student loan, virtual currency, other).
Consumer Complaints by State
Number of complaints filed by consumers with the CFPB by state by complaint type (bank account, consumer, credit card, credit report, debt collection, money transfer, mortgage, payday loan, prepaid card, student loan, virtual currency and other). In addition to 50 states, includes American Samoa, District of Columbia, Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, Marshall Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, and Armed Forces for Americas, Europe and Pacific.
Consumer Complaints by Product
Number of complaints filed by consumers with the CFPB by month by complaint type (bank account, consumer, credit card, credit report, debt collection, money transfer, mortgage, payday loan, prepaid card, student loan, virtual currency and other) beginning December 2011.
Consumer Complaints by Company
Volume of complaints filed by consumers with the CFPB by institution for institutions with most complaints. Includes breakouts for complaints related to: home mortgage, credit card, bank account, student/consumer and other. Includes percentage resolved of total complaints by: relief, closed or pending.
- June 30, 2015, and earlier: Volume is cumulative and chart includes total new complaints filed in recent quarter and change in number of complaints from previous quarter.
- After June 30, 2015: Volume is for time period and chart includes sequential and year-over-year change.
- Mortgage Market Statistical Annual
- Mortgage Profitability
- Top Players 4Q16
- GSE Buybacks Thru 4Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 4Q16
- Mortgage Servicing Rights: 4Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
Most Popular Stories
- Veep Economist Calabria Hints at No Official Plan for Fannie/Freddie Yet
- Lone Star Prepping a Potentially Record-Breaking Nonprime MBS (Post-Crisis Era)
- Industry Calls for More Guidance From CFPB, Less Regulation by Enforcement
- 1Q17 Non-Agency MBS Issuance Spikes 67 Percent on Heavy Deal Flow Tied to S&D
- What Were Hearing: How do you Solve a Problem Like Ocwen? / Hints that Something was Afoot / Should Ocwen Call its Overseas Workforce Home? / Influencing the GSE Debate / Ginnie Mae Cracks the $1.8 Trillion Mark