Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Trends in Consumer Complaints
Chart detailing volume of consumer complaints filed with CFPB since 4Q11. Includes total by quarter and breakouts for home mortgage, credit card, bank account, student loan, consumer loan, payday loan, credit report, money transfer and debt collection.
Consumer Complaints by State
Number of complaints filed by consumers with the CFPB by state. In addition to 50 states, includes American Samoa, District of Columbia, Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, Marshall Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, and Armed Forces for Americas, Europe and Pacific. Includes quantity for each of five most recent quarters as well as sequential and year-over-year change.
Consumer Complaints by Company
Volume of complaints filed by consumers with the CFPB by institution for institutions with most complaints. Includes breakouts for complaints related to: home mortgage, credit card, bank account, student/consumer and other. Includes percentage resolved of total complaints by: relief, closed or pending.
- June 30, 2015, and earlier: Volume is cumulative and chart includes total new complaints filed in recent quarter and change in number of complaints from previous quarter.
- After June 30, 2015: Volume is for time period and chart includes sequential and year-over-year change.
Most Popular Stories
- Interest-Only Originations Spiked 45 Percent in 2Q; PHH Mortgage a Standout
- What Were Hearing: GSE Loan Limits to Move Higher? / No One Feels Sorry for Wells Fargo / The King of the Cross-Sell is now the King of Pain / Maybe the CFPB Needs a Kick in the / MBAs Dave Stevens Doesnt Expect Peace to Break Out / Skyline Still Hiring
- UWM Provides Grant Funding for Brokers to Open Their Own Shops; Money Doesnt Have to be Repaid
- Streamline Refis Causing Problems for VA, Ginnie Mae Investors
- Some Issuers Still Failing Ginnie Maes Net Worth and Liquidity Requirements, but