Mortgage Origination Activity
Agency Condominium and Co-op Market
Chart detailing condo/co-op agency loan volume by state. For each state, includes volume, purchase-mortgage share and condo/co-op share of total market for GSEs and for FHA. For GSEs, also details share of first-time homebuyers. For FHA, includes FHA share of total agency condo/co-op market.
Chart detailing volume and market share by period for condominium loans in the following categories:
- GSE mortgages: all loans, purchase mortgages, first-time buyers, and refinance
- FHA-insured mortgages: all loans, purchase mortgages and refinance.
Also includes volume and market share for co-op loans carrying GSE mortgages in the same categories.
After the November elections, how long will it take for a new Congress and White House to pass GSE reform legislation?
- Im confident a bill will be passed the first year.
- 2 to 3 years. GSE reform is complicated.
- Sadly it wont happen in a Clinton or Trump first term.
- Not in my lifetime.
Most Popular Stories
- BofA Expands and Doubles Commitment to Low-Downpayment Program
- PHH Ruling Expected to Slow CFPBs Enforcement Roll, But How Much?
- Vehicle Finance, Credit Card Securitizations Fuel Sturdy Increase in 3Q16 ABS Issuance
- The Clayton Revolving Door Continues. A Goodwill Charge for Radian?
- GNMA Revises Pooling-Eligibility Rules for Streamlined Refi Loans