Mortgage-Related Security Investors
Bank and Thrift MBS Holdings
Total Bank and Thrift MBS holdings and market share. Includes the following subcategories: Agency MBS, Private MBS, Agency CMO, and Private CMO. Data available yearly 1999-2013 and quarterly 2014-2Q16.
Mortgage-Related Security Holdings at FDIC-Insured Commercial Banks
Listing of MRS holdings at FDIC-insured commercial banks by year. Data include pass-through MBS holdings (GNMA, FNMA/FHLMC, and private) as well as CMOs/REMICs (private, agency and total) and total bank MBS volume. 1984-2006 data are yearly from 1984-2003 and quarterly from 2004-2006. 1990-2007 data are yearly from 1990-2007 and include quarterly data from 2002-2007. 2000-2015 data are yearly from 2000-2003 and include quarterly data from 2004-2015.
Thrift Industry Mortgage Security Holdings
Thrift industry mortgage security holdings by year from 1987-2011, including GSE/GNMA pool MBS, non-agency pool MBS, agency REMICs, non-agency REMICs, total MRS, total MRS holdings for all FDIC-insured thrifts, and FHL bank MBS. 1987-2008 data includes 2008 quarterly numbers, while 2001-2Q11 data includes quarterly numbers for 2010-2Q11.
After the November elections, how long will it take for a new Congress and White House to pass GSE reform legislation?
- Im confident a bill will be passed the first year.
- 2 to 3 years. GSE reform is complicated.
- Sadly it wont happen in a Clinton or Trump first term.
- Not in my lifetime.
Most Popular Stories
- PHH Ruling Expected to Slow CFPBs Enforcement Roll, But How Much?
- BofA Expands and Doubles Commitment to Low-Downpayment Program
- The Clayton Revolving Door Continues. A Goodwill Charge for Radian?
- Vehicle Finance, Credit Card Securitizations Fuel Sturdy Increase in 3Q16 ABS Issuance
- GNMA Revises Pooling-Eligibility Rules for Streamlined Refi Loans