Mortgage-Related Security Investors
Bank and Thrift MBS Holdings
Total Bank and Thrift MBS holdings and market share. Includes the following subcategories: Agency MBS, Private MBS, Agency CMO, and Private CMO. Data available yearly 1999-2013 and quarterly 2014-3Q16.
Mortgage-Related Security Holdings at FDIC-Insured Commercial Banks
Listing of MRS holdings at FDIC-insured commercial banks by year. Data include pass-through MBS holdings (GNMA, FNMA/FHLMC, and private) as well as CMOs/REMICs (private, agency and total) and total bank MBS volume. 1984-2006 data are yearly from 1984-2003 and quarterly from 2004-2006. 1990-2007 data are yearly from 1990-2007 and include quarterly data from 2002-2007. 2000-2015 data are yearly from 2000-2003 and include quarterly data from 2004-2015.
Thrift Industry Mortgage Security Holdings
Thrift industry mortgage security holdings by year from 1987-2011, including GSE/GNMA pool MBS, non-agency pool MBS, agency REMICs, non-agency REMICs, total MRS, total MRS holdings for all FDIC-insured thrifts, and FHL bank MBS. 1987-2008 data includes 2008 quarterly numbers, while 2001-2Q11 data includes quarterly numbers for 2010-2Q11.
- GSE Private MI Profile 3Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 3Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 2Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 2Q16
- Top Players 2Q16
- GSE Repurchase Activity Thru 2Q16
Most Popular Stories
- GSE Common Once Deemed Worthless, Now Has a Market Cap of $43.15 Billion
- What Were Hearing: Will the GSE-Investing PE Firms Get Greedy? / Buy Low, Sell High? / How Plugged In is Mnuchin? / Will Trump Try to Bring White Collar Jobs Back Home Too? / The Strange Case of Nebraska and FHA Loan Limits / Meg Burns Gets Promoted
- Short Takes: Mnuchin Turned Down Fannie CEO Job / Lockhart and Ross / More HUD Transition Team Members Named / SFIG Releases Green Paper / CFPB Servicing Update / New Texas Retail Chief for Gateway
- Moodys Issues Caution on Bank Statement Mortgages
- Incoming Treasury Chief Mnuchin: Resolving Fannie and Freddie a Top Priority. Share Prices Soar!