Mortgage-Related Security Investors
Bank and Thrift MBS Holdings
Total Bank and Thrift MBS holdings and market share. Includes the following subcategories: Agency MBS, Private MBS, Agency CMO, and Private CMO. Data available yearly 1999-2013 and quarterly 2014-4Q16.
Mortgage-Related Security Holdings at FDIC-Insured Commercial Banks
Listing of MRS holdings at FDIC-insured commercial banks by year. Data include pass-through MBS holdings (GNMA, FNMA/FHLMC, and private) as well as CMOs/REMICs (private, agency and total) and total bank MBS volume. 1984-2006 data are yearly from 1984-2003 and quarterly from 2004-2006. 1990-2007 data are yearly from 1990-2007 and include quarterly data from 2002-2007. 2000-2015 data are yearly from 2000-2003 and include quarterly data from 2004-2015.
Thrift Industry Mortgage Security Holdings
Thrift industry mortgage security holdings by year from 1987-2011, including GSE/GNMA pool MBS, non-agency pool MBS, agency REMICs, non-agency REMICs, total MRS, total MRS holdings for all FDIC-insured thrifts, and FHL bank MBS. 1987-2008 data includes 2008 quarterly numbers, while 2001-2Q11 data includes quarterly numbers for 2010-2Q11.
- Top Players 4Q16
- GSE Buybacks Thru 4Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 4Q16
- Mortgage Servicing Rights: 4Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
Most Popular Stories
- The Final Tally on Publicly Traded Nonbanks: A $156.1 Million Loss for 2016
- Charbonneau & Associates Working on Two M&A Deals
- Short Takes: Meet HAL, Your Loan Officer / The Low-Hanging (Mortgage) Fruit / Can a Computer go to Jail? / Digital Mortgage Means What Exactly? / Wedbush Likes Nationstar
- M&A Roundup: Freedom Mortgage is in a Buying Mode
- NYDFS Eliminates Servicing Monitor for Ocwen; Restrictions May be Lifted on Servicing Acquisitions Too