Mortgage Portfolios and Servicing Rights
Servicing for others
Bank MSR History
Chart detailing bank sector's mortgage servicing rights dollar volume and market share. Provides annual number for 2001-2013, quarterly numbers 1Q14-1Q15. Does not provide information for individual banks.
Bank/Thrift Mortgages Serviced for Others
Chart showing volume of servicing for others according to depository asset size (over $1 trillion, between $100 billion and $1 trillion, between $10 billion and $100 billion, between $1 billion and $10 billion, and less than $1 billion. Also provides comparison numbers for 1Q13 and change percent. Does not include information for individual banks.
Bank MSR Valuation Trends
Chart ranking institutions by mortgages serviced for others. Column heads are: Servicing for Others, Fair Value of Mortgage Servicing Rights, and Ratio of MSR FV to SFO.
After the November elections, how long will it take for a new Congress and White House to pass GSE reform legislation?
- Im confident a bill will be passed the first year.
- 2 to 3 years. GSE reform is complicated.
- Sadly it wont happen in a Clinton or Trump first term.
- Not in my lifetime.
Most Popular Stories
- BofA Expands and Doubles Commitment to Low-Downpayment Program
- The Clayton Revolving Door Continues. A Goodwill Charge for Radian?
- PHH Ruling Expected to Slow CFPBs Enforcement Roll, But How Much?
- Nonbank MSR Share Expands in 3Q16
- Vehicle Finance, Credit Card Securitizations Fuel Sturdy Increase in 3Q16 ABS Issuance