Mortgage Portfolios and Servicing Rights
Servicing for others
Bank MSR History
Chart detailing bank sector's mortgage servicing rights dollar volume and market share. Provides annual number for 2001-2013, quarterly numbers 1Q14-1Q15. Does not provide information for individual banks.
Bank/Thrift Mortgages Serviced for Others
Chart showing volume of servicing for others according to depository asset size (over $1 trillion, between $100 billion and $1 trillion, between $10 billion and $100 billion, between $1 billion and $10 billion, and less than $1 billion. Also provides comparison numbers for 1Q13 and change percent. Does not include information for individual banks.
Bank MSR Valuation Trends
Chart ranking institutions by mortgages serviced for others. Column heads are: Servicing for Others, Fair Value of Mortgage Servicing Rights, and Ratio of MSR FV to SFO.
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
- GSE Private MI Profile 3Q16
- GSE Repurchase Activity Thru 2Q16
Most Popular Stories
- What Were Hearing: Time for Steve to Talk to Mel / Going to Bed, Disappointed / The GSE Stock Bet: Buy Low, Sell High / Is Pershing Square Losing Money on the GSEs? / NAR Chief Stays Hopeful on MIP Cut
- Treasury Nominee Mnuchin Shoots Down GSE Recap and Release Concept
- Nonbanks Increased Agency Servicing by Almost 22 Percent in 2016
- Two Hours After Trump is Sworn In, HUD Issues Mortgagee Letter Killing the FHA MIP Reduction
- Trump May Ice the FHA MIP Cut, At Least for Now