Mortgage Profitability, Earnings and Repurchase Activity
Bank Mortgage-Banking Earnings
Chart ranking institutions by noninterest income from sale, securitization and servicing of 1-4 family mortgages.
Mortgage-Banking Income by Institution Type
Chart showing mortgage-banking income volume by institution type (mega-bank, regional bank, nonbank). Includes volume for current period, previous period and four most recent quarters as well as sequential and year-over-year change.
Early Look: Mortgage Banking Results
Originations and mortgage banking income results for five megabanks (Wells Fargo, JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, US Bank, Citigroup). Includes volume for most recent six quarters and sequential change.
The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury fell to all-time low of 1.34% recently. How much better will originations be at your shop in the second half compared to 1H, if at all?
- Better by 1% to 10%.
- Better by 11% to 25%.
- Off the charts better. Applications are great now.
- Worse than 1H, but not by much.
- A lot worse. But not sure on the damage.
Most Popular Stories
- Subservicer Rushmore Launches Consumer-Direct Channel; Former Nationstar Exec Leads the Effort
- The Six-Month Tally: FHA Production Up 8.4 Percent, VA by Almost 13 Percent
- Short Takes: Bank Says Were a Subprime Lender Too / No Ties to BofA / And the Big Three of Nonprime Lending Are / REIT Exits NPL Market / Former MGIC Chief Lacy Dead at 71
- Subservicer Statebridge Nearly Doubles Contracts to $2.60 Billion
- MBA Issues Warning on Lenders Getting Involved in Downpayment Assistance Programs