Mortgage Profitability, Earnings and Repurchase Activity
Bank Mortgage Banking Activity
Historical aggregate bank income. Columns headings are: Mortgage Banking Net Income, Repurchase/Indemnification, 1-4 Family Mortgage Originations (Retail, Wholesale), Secondary Marketing (Loans Sold, Held for Sale). Data provided by both yearly and quarterly breaks.
The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury fell to all-time low of 1.34% recently. How much better will originations be at your shop in the second half compared to 1H, if at all?
- Better by 1% to 10%.
- Better by 11% to 25%.
- Off the charts better. Applications are great now.
- Worse than 1H, but not by much.
- A lot worse. But not sure on the damage.
Most Popular Stories
- Subservicer Rushmore Launches Consumer-Direct Channel; Former Nationstar Exec Leads the Effort
- The Six-Month Tally: FHA Production Up 8.4 Percent, VA by Almost 13 Percent
- MBA Issues Warning on Lenders Getting Involved in Downpayment Assistance Programs
- Short Takes: Bank Says Were a Subprime Lender Too / No Ties to BofA / And the Big Three of Nonprime Lending Are / REIT Exits NPL Market / Former MGIC Chief Lacy Dead at 71
- Subservicer Statebridge Nearly Doubles Contracts to $2.60 Billion