Agency MBS/Secondary Activity
Agency MBS Trends
Chart detailing single-family MBS issuance by agencies. Columns include issuance by Ginnie Mae, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac; total issuance for purchase loans, refinance loans and ARMs; HARP loans (GSEs only); and Freddie Mac's share of GSE business. Includes comparison rows for recent months, quarters and years.
Agency MBS Issuance by Type
Chart detailing volume of GSE issuance by type (30-year fixed-rate, 20-year fixed-rate, 15-year fixed-rate, adjustable-rate, Home Affordable Refinance Program, or jumbo) by quarter. Also includes Ginnie Mae issuance by type (FRM, ARM, or jumbo) for same periods.
Agency First-Time Homebuyer Trends
Comparison of underwriting characteristics over time. Includes average credit score, loan-to-value ratio, debt-to-income ratio and loan size for first-time buyers in multiple periods and for repeat buyers in most recent period. Characteristics for each group are presented for the total market as well as by agency (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae) and insurer (private mortgage insurance, FHA, VA and none).
Refinance Trends and Terms by Mortgage Insurer
Monthly comparison of terms (average note rate, average loan-to-value ratio and average credit score) and trends (refi volume, total volume and refi share of total) between FHA, VA and private MI.
After the November elections, how long will it take for a new Congress and White House to pass GSE reform legislation?
- Im confident a bill will be passed the first year.
- 2 to 3 years. GSE reform is complicated.
- Sadly it wont happen in a Clinton or Trump first term.
- Not in my lifetime.
Most Popular Stories
- BofA Expands and Doubles Commitment to Low-Downpayment Program
- PHH Ruling Expected to Slow CFPBs Enforcement Roll, But How Much?
- The Clayton Revolving Door Continues. A Goodwill Charge for Radian?
- Vehicle Finance, Credit Card Securitizations Fuel Sturdy Increase in 3Q16 ABS Issuance
- GNMA Revises Pooling-Eligibility Rules for Streamlined Refi Loans