Mortgage Buybacks 2011 Webinar
An Inside Mortgage Finance Webinar Held
Thursday, February 24, 2011
2010 was the year of the mortgage buyback as actual repurchases – not just requests – climbed to record-high levels. Repurchases involving Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgages alone are expected to have topped $13 billion in 2010 while additional buybacks could push the industry’s total bill above $40 billion for all of last year.
The buyback outlook for 2011 remains hazy at best as the mortgage industry continues not only to deal with large GSE requests but also growing repurchase demands from non-agency loans as well as performing GSE loans.
Find out what’s in store for the mortgage market when it comes to buybacks this year at a must-attend webinar from Inside Mortgage Finance – Mortgage Buybacks 2011: Best Strategies and Practices on February 24, at 2:00 pm ET. Hear about the latest buyback trends and what's triggering repurchase requests from the GSEs on performing loans. Learn what strategies you can employ to minimize your firm's buyback exposure.
These industry experts shared their insights and answer your questions:
- Paul Miller, Managing Director, FBR Capital Markets
- Pamela Padgett, VP Single-Family Underwriting & Quality Control, Freddie Mac
- Justin Vedder, SVP Risk Management, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Christopher Wolfe, Managing Director, Fitch Ratings
- Guy Cecala, Publisher, Inside Mortgage Finance (moderator)
Inside Mortgage Finance’s Mortgage Buybacks 2011: Best Strategies and Practices webinar answered questions like these:
- What are the real risks associated with non-agency MBS repurchase demands?
- Have repurchase demands peaked or are they likely to increase?
- How can you reduce buyback requests on new GSE loans?
- Are underwriting overlays a good way to minimize buybacks?
- What are the best practices for limiting buyback requests?
- How will recent legislation and regulatory developments redefine the reps and warranties lenders must comply with?
- What are the major factors triggering buyback requests on new mortgages?
- How will major buyback settlements from Bank of America and Ally Bank shape future settlements by other lenders?
- What are the buyback disclosure requirements being advanced by the SEC?
- What are the legal issues surrounding repurchase demands from non-agency MBS investors?
- How does Freddie Mac sample loans for quality control?
- What are the best strategies for addressing repurchase risk?