GSE Repurchase Activity
In 4Q13, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac accelerated their efforts to wrap up repurchase activity on legacy loans originated before 2008, with Freddie resolving 62 percent more demands than it had in the third quarter and Fannie upping its resolutions 89 percent. At the same time, Fannie's and Freddie's new quality control measures put more scrutiny on newer loans and by the end of last year, 12.1 percent of unresolved buyback demands involved mortgages that were securitized in 2013.
For many lenders, the big picture gets lost amid the flood of daily requests from Fannie and Freddie. They have no clear picture of their total exposure, how well theyve done fighting back, or how their repurchase record compares to others in the industry.
GSE Repurchase Activity, a semiannual Inside Mortgage Finance data report, provides information on all buyback motion in the reporting period. For each lenderincluding your own companythis data report breaks down by origination year
- Repurchases made during the reporting period,
- Demands pending or in dispute as of the last day of the reporting period, and
- All demands withdrawn during the reporting period.
In the current report, Full Year 2013, youll find information on 2,476 lenders. For each of these lenders, youll have at a quick glance the total picture: the volume of repurchases and withdrawn demands during the year-long period as well as the volume of pending or disputed demands at December 31. For each lender, youll also know the breakdown for each category between demands from Fannie and those from Freddie.
Youll find the lenders ranked by volumehow high on the list are youand also listed alphabetically. For greater ease of use in your analysis and research, the report is also available in Excel format.
Use the data in GSE Repurchase Activity to benchmark your repurchase exposure and mitigation rate. See how the demands against your business compare to other lenders who have sold loans to Fannie and Freddie. Find out how theyve fared in turning back the demand and whether your record is above or below par.
Choose the purchase option that best suits your needs:
- Subscribe to GSE Repurchase ActivityReceive semiannual updates in Excel format. With this option, youll know the current status for all lenders and youll be able to track past experience and trends with the full flexibility to sort and view the data in the way best suited to your research...$2,538 per year
- Purchase current-period GSE Repurchase Activity in Excel formatDelivered in spreadsheet format, youll have unlimited flexibility to sort and view the repurchase, pending and withdrawal information from the most recent reporting period .$1,878
- Purchase current-period GSE Repurchase Activity in print or downloadable PDFPresented in volume and alphabetic order, this 282-page report lists all of the lenders impacted in the most recent half-year period .$878
- Purchase past GSE Repurchase Activity reportsFirst Half 2013, Full Year 2012, First Half 2012, 2006-2011 (titled Analyzing GSE Mortgage Buyback Demands).
- JUST OUT! Top Players 2Q14
- GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile 2Q14
- GSE Seller Profile: 2Q14
- Agency Condo Market: 2013